Thursday 7 May 2009

Yay, Comfortable Jeans


I haven't worn jeans for years now, and was starting to really miss them, however they always made my neuropathy worse so I didn't dare. Then I came across these jeans a while ago on a website, and started to wonder if they might work. They are supposed to be really stretchy and you get them in a size or two down from normal to pull you in. However this led me to believe they might be stretchy enough that I could wear them in my normal size in actual comfort, but still didn't want to speed that much money on a pair of jeans unseen.

Then just yesterday, I saw a sign for them in Wardrobe in Marlborough, Wiltshire, and couldn't resist going back. The shop was small yet friendly, and I explained my thoughts, and unsurprisingly they offered me the chance to try them on, piling me up with 4 different pairs; light blue, indigo, charcoal, and blue with sparkly bits on the back. The first pair I put on, I fell in love with. The old buttery feel of jeans sliding on, with - wait for it - a waistband that stretched almost as much as my favorite puma joggers! Admittedly the zip was a bit stiff, and I had to breathe in the do them up, but once closed they were just so comfortable. I am told they will be even more stretchy on as the lycra gives more as it warms up, so I am at last off on holiday with a pair of jeans despite my aching nerves :)

No comments:

More info: