Thursday 7 May 2009

The Healthy Back Bag

Now the weather is warmer, I felt it was time to update my bag collection and consider something lighter than waterproof leather. I have tried almost every bag style going, and need something I can change shoulder or even use no shoulders if my fibro is getting really bad. On looking around I found these bags, and decide to go for not just one of the normal bags, but one of the little bagletts too (pictured).

They arrived in two days, and after a rage about the (in)accessibility of our new sorting office, I gleefully started transferring all my stuff and then tried it for size. Its very stiff to adjust the belt, probably because I got a suede look bag so the surface is quite rough, but the strap has a textured grip layer underneath which is a great idea as you dont shrug your shoulder to keep it on if you just fling it over for a short hop. For a longer journey, I wear it across my body, and at first it felt very strange as it does actually feel as if the weight is all down your back. My shoulders felt very little effort, and I could definitely feel weight in the small of my back - odd but much more comfortable than usual. The baglett I am using like a large purse for cards, cash, drugs and a pen and some lippie. It will just about fit a cheque book, so is a decent size, and is great to take out of the larger bag for popping into town at lunchtime, leaving my bigger bag at my desk. I may just have to get a leather one too when the rainy winter weather returns....!

No comments:

More info: