Wednesday 7 April 2010

How to do a presentation if you cant travel

Problem - An email from AGI Northern Ireland asking to see my presentation, but how to get round my travel limitations?

Solution - Apple iChat with theatre!

Having always wanted to see this in action, I immediately decided to try a video presentation, but was unsure how the files would look, or how the sound would work. On checking on the apple website, I found reference to file sharing by theatre. Basically all you do is start a video chat, the go to file, and select the sharing with theatre option and Apple does the rest. It took a while to connect, but once I had rebooted, I simply called up the gents in NI on my buddy list, and waited for the wows once the file opened. The theatre option takes your web cam image to the bottom of the screen, and then shows the powerpoint slides at a native resolution, which was essential for me as the presentation is about mapping and charts! I now never have to travel needlessly again just to give a talk, and seeing as this is a charity and volunteer led organisation, so much the better for keeping costs down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristin, Enjoyed your review of Rumelt's book - wondered if you would like to review my latest - The Strategy Book? Just email me max at unshrink . org

More info: