Saturday 21 November 2009

Stressless sofas


Need a new sofa? old one just too hard/soft? Well I was in this situation recently - I wasn't very happy that the old one hadn't lasted even 6 years, but it gave us the chance to look for something more supportive that I could get out of more easily. High back to stop those draughts round the neck, and a recliner were high on the list. I checked out several shops, and much of them were the same except for 2 shops. The main issue was that the recliners were almost all manual - they open out quickly enough, but I don't have the leg or arm strength to close them again, meaning I get stuck and make things worse by having to clamber out if I am on my own and the door goes.

The winners were DFS who now do an electric reclining range, and they had 3 very comfy ones, and Stressless. My husband initially said he refused to pay that much for a sofa, but thankfully they were on sale so stressless it was. I preferred their more robust build and the lumber support that drops away as you lean back. Its been a week now, and its so comfortable that I have easily managed to take a couple of afternoon naps on it and wake up without being in agony - so a big thumbs up for Stressless!

No comments:

More info: