Sunday 5 July 2009

Coop Card Reader


So many gadgets are there to make our lives easier - but this definitely isn't one of them! My new card reader arrived from the Coop a couple of weeks ago. I am usually very happy with them as a bank, mainly because they have so many access routes, but also because they have never given me any hassle, and have even been known to phone me up when I could be saving money or getting better interest. Yes, they are a rare beast amongst the usual banks.

So why o why have they given out the most awkward system for card checking? The screen is dreadful - contrast is awful, figures are tiny, and it isn't backlit so you have to wave it round till you find good lighting! I had to go through the rigmarole of all this several times as I kept reading the numbers wrong, simply to transfer money from my current account to my gold card, so not even an insecure transaction!!!

Plus isn't giving away card scanners a good way for forgers to get hold of them? I have two in my house already as my husband also uses the coop and smile - he is expecting one from Smile any day. - Prices on a postcard.....

No comments:

More info: